WIA and the Big Sky Public Library are proud to host Dr. Nevada Reed for a series of lectures on Neurological & Behavioral Concerns in Children at the Big Sky Public Library from 6:30 – 8pm on September 21, October 17 and November 30.
September 21st – Early Childhood (birth to 5 years old)
- What is normal and when to seek evaluation?
- How to support your child’s development
- Autism spectrum disorders, speech and language delays, motor delays – diagnosis and management
- Parenting tools for challenging behaviors
October 17th – Middle Childhood (5 to 12 years old)
- ADHD – myths, diagnosis and treatment
- Childhood mood and anxiety concerns – when is extra help needed?
- Other common neurologic diagnoses (ASD, OCD, Tics, Seizures) – identification and management
- Behavioral Supports and parenting strategies
November 30th – Teen Years (13 years old to young adulthood)
- Why are some teens just being diagnosed?
- ADHD, Anxiety, OCD, Mood disorders, ASD, Tics, Seizures – identification and management
- Talking with teens about neurobehavioral differences
- Promoting independence and working towards transition
Please contact MaryBeth Morand, email@example.com with any questions regarding this lecture series.